Bhawal National Park is a natural gem located in Gazipur, Bangladesh. The park, which spans over 1,600 hectares (4,000 acres) of protected forest, is a haven for wildlife and plant species. Established in 1982, the park has become a popular destination for nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers alike.
The park boasts a diverse range of flora and fauna, including several rare and endangered species. Visitors to Bhawal National Park can experience the beauty of the park through various activities such as hiking, bird watching, and wildlife spotting. The park is home to several species of primates, deer, wild boars, and various species of reptiles and amphibians.
In addition to its wildlife, Bhawal National Park also has several picturesque spots within the park, such as a lake and waterfalls. The park is open to visitors throughout the year, but the best time to visit is between November and February when the weather is cool and dry.
Overall, Bhawal National Park is a must-visit destination for anyone looking to experience the natural beauty of Bangladesh. With its stunning landscapes, diverse wildlife, and range of activities, the park offers something for everyone.
History of Bhawal national park:
The history of Bhawal National Park dates back to the early 20th century when it was known as the “Bhawal Estate.” The estate was owned by a wealthy zamindar (landlord) named Nawab Sir Khwaja Abdul Ghani Mian Bhawal who was a prominent figure in the region.
In 1905, Nawab Bhawal suddenly disappeared while on a trip to Europe, and his estate was left in the hands of his wife and nephew. However, in 1921, a man claiming to be Nawab Bhawal resurfaced in India, leading to a long legal battle over the estate. The case was eventually settled in 1946, when the man claiming to be Nawab Bhawal died. After the legal battle ended, the Bhawal Estate was left abandoned for several years. In 1982, the government of Bangladesh declared the area a national park, in order to preserve its natural beauty and protect its diverse wildlife. The park was officially named.
Overall, Bhawal National Park is a great destination for wildlife enthusiasts and anyone looking to experience the natural beauty of Bangladesh. Visitors should take care to respect the park’s flora and fauna and follow all park regulations to help preserve this unique ecosystem for future generations.
Attractions at bhawal national park:
Bhawal National Park offers a variety of attractions for visitors to enjoy. Here are some of the top things to see and do in the park:
- Suhrawardy Udyan: Located within Bhawal National Park, the Suhrawardy Udyan is a beautifully landscaped garden that offers several walking trails, picnic areas, and scenic viewpoints. This is a great place to relax and enjoy the park’s natural beauty.
- Bhawal Waterfall: One of the park’s top attractions is the Bhawal Waterfall, which is located near the park entrance. This stunning waterfall cascades down a series of rocky ledges and is a popular spot for visitors to take photos.
- Wildlife spotting: Bhawal National Park is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including several species of primates, deer, wild boars, and reptiles. Visitors can go on a wildlife spotting tour with a guide to increase their chances of seeing these amazing creatures.
- Hiking: The park has several hiking trails that wind through its forests and hills. These trails offer beautiful views of the park’s landscapes and are a great way to get some exercise while enjoying the great outdoors.
- Boating: Visitors can rent a boat and explore the park’s tranquil lake. This is a great way to relax and take in the natural beauty of the park from a different perspective.
- Camping: Bhawal National Park offers several camping areas where visitors can spend the night under the stars. This is a great way to immerse yourself in the park’s natural surroundings and experience the beauty of Bangladesh’s wilderness.
Overall, Bhawal National Park offers a range of attractions and activities for visitors to enjoy. Whether you’re interested in wildlife spotting, hiking, or simply relaxing in nature, this park is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Bangladesh.
Accommodation options at bhawal national park:
Bhawal National Park offers several accommodation options for visitors who wish to stay within the park. Here are some of the top choices:
- Forest Rest House: The Forest Rest House is located within the park and offers comfortable accommodations for visitors. The rooms are well-equipped with modern amenities and offer beautiful views of the park’s landscapes.
- Cottage Rentals: Visitors can also rent cottages within the park. These cottages are fully furnished and offer a more private and secluded option for those who want to enjoy the park’s natural beauty in peace.
- Camping: For those who prefer a more rustic experience, camping is also an option in Bhawal National Park. The park offers several designated camping areas, and visitors can bring their own tents and camping gear or rent them from local vendors.
- Nearby Hotels: Visitors can also choose to stay in nearby hotels and guesthouses outside of the park. There are several options in the nearby town of Gazipur, which is just a short distance from the park’s entrance.
Overall, Bhawal National Park offers a range of accommodation options for visitors to choose from. Whether you prefer a more comfortable stay in a forest rest house or a more rustic camping experience, there is something for everyone at this beautiful park.
Visiting the bhawal national park:
If you’re planning a visit to Bhawal National Park, here are some things to keep in mind to make the most of your trip:
- Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit Bhawal National Park is between November and February, when the weather is cooler and drier. During this time, the park’s wildlife is also more active and easier to spot.
- Entrance Fees: Visitors must pay an entrance fee to enter the park, which varies depending on whether you are a Bangladeshi citizen or a foreigner. The fees are generally quite reasonable and help to support the park’s conservation efforts.
- Wildlife Spotting: To increase your chances of spotting wildlife, it’s a good idea to go on a guided wildlife spotting tour with a knowledgeable guide. They will be able to point out the different species and provide insights into their behavior.
- Respect the Park: When visiting Bhawal National Park, it’s important to respect the park’s rules and regulations. This includes staying on designated trails, not littering, and not disturbing the wildlife.
- Pack Appropriately: Be sure to pack appropriate clothing and footwear for your visit to the park. Comfortable walking shoes, insect repellent, and sun protection are all recommended. If you plan on camping, be sure to bring appropriate camping gear and supplies.
- Enjoy the Park’s Attractions: Bhawal National Park offers a range of attractions and activities, from hiking and wildlife spotting to boating and camping. Be sure to take advantage of these opportunities and enjoy all that the park has to offer.
Overall, a visit to Bhawal National Park is a great way to experience Bangladesh’s natural beauty and wildlife. By following these tips, you can make the most of your trip and have a memorable experience in this stunning park.
Ticket pricing and timing at bhawal national park:
The ticket pricing and timing at Bhawal National Park vary depending on whether you are a Bangladeshi citizen or a foreigner.
For Bangladeshi citizens, the park is open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and the entrance fee is 20 BDT per person.
For foreigners, the park is open from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, and the entrance fee is 300 BDT per person. Visitors can also opt for a guided tour of the park for an additional fee.
It’s important to note that the park may close during certain times of the year for maintenance or due to weather conditions. It’s a good idea to check the park’s website or call ahead before planning your visit.
Overall, the ticket pricing and timing at Bhawal National_Park are reasonable and help to support the park’s conservation efforts. Visitors can enjoy a range of activities and attractions while exploring the park’s natural beauty and wildlife.
Bhawal National Park is a beautiful and biodiverse protected area in Gazipur, Bangladesh. Visitors can enjoy a range of activities, including hiking, wildlife spotting, boating, and camping. The park’s wildlife includes species such as deer, monkeys, and birds, as well as several endangered species. Accommodations are available within the park, including forest rest houses and cottages. The park is reasonably priced and well-maintained, making it a popular destination for both locals and foreigners. Visitors should keep in mind the park’s restrictions and regulations to help protect the park’s natural beauty and wildlife
Here are some frequently asked questions about Bhawal National_Park:
Q1. What is Bhawal National Park?
A1. Bhawal National Park is a protected area in Gazipur, Bangladesh, known for its rich biodiversity and beautiful landscapes.
Q2. What is the best time to visit Bhawal National Park?
A2. The best time to visit Bhawal National Park is between November and February, when the weather is cooler and drier, and the park’s wildlife is more active.
Q3. What is the entrance fee for Bhawal_National_Park?
A3. The entrance fee for Bangladeshi citizens is 20 BDT per person, while the entrance fee for foreigners is 300 BDT per person.
Q4. What activities can I do in Bhawal_National_Park?
A4. Visitors can enjoy a range of activities in the park, including hiking, wildlife spotting, boating, and camping.
Q5. Is it necessary to go on a guided tour of the park?
A5. While it is not necessary to go on a guided tour of the park, it can be helpful for wildlife spotting and gaining insights into the park’s biodiversity.
Q6. Are there accommodations within Bhawal National_Park?
A6. Yes, there are accommodations within the park, including forest rest houses and cottages. Camping is also an option.
Q7. Can I bring my own food into the park?
A7. Yes, visitors are allowed to bring their own food into the park. However, it’s important to dispose of waste properly and not litter.
Q8. Are there any restrictions in Bhawal_National_Park?
A8. Yes, there are several restrictions in place to protect the park’s wildlife and natural beauty. Visitors must stay on designated trails, not disturb the wildlife, and not litter.